You see, where I am right now, today, is all Him. And I mean that literally. I’ve never been one of those laser focused, goal oriented, write- the-vision-make-it-plain kind of gals. I’ve been much more Polly Anna like in my approach:
Good things will come (and they have)… good things will happen (and they do)… great people will become a part of my life (and this is certainly true)!
So it’s all good, right? Yeah, sure. It is all good, it’s just not purposeful. It’s not intentional.
A year ago this time I was getting ready for The Miles, my 46 days cross country drive. The decision to let myself want it, the courage to ask God for it, and the opportunity that made it possible all came straight from the touch of God.
And I’m so grateful for that… that He touched me, that He continues to lay His loving bountiful hand on my life perpetually… but because of that, I hear something new calling my name. It’s time to start taking more deliberate action in the creation of my life.
This is my season to be bolder in prayer, bolder in presence, in visualizing, in planning, and in action. It’s time to start living bolder in my faith. And why not release myself to living bolder in faith when there are so many comforting revelations that all point in that direction?
- I know God is real. (Romans 1:20)
- I know He loves me. (1 John 4:16)
- I know He’s called me by name. (Isaiah 45:3 & John 3:10)
- I know He has done and will do all He has promised. (2 Corin. 1:20 & 1 Tim 5:24)
- I know I’m safe under His loving watchful eye. (Psalm 91)
- I know He’s gone before me and already cleared the way. (1 Chronicles 14:15)
- I know He stands behind me as my rearguard. (Isaiah 52:12)
- I know angels encamp about me. (Psalm 34:7)
- I know He has said that I am like a tree planted by the rivers of water…..and all I do shall prosper. (Psalm 1:3)
- I know I cannot fail because no weapon formed against me shall prosper. (Isaiah 54:17)
As you can see, these faith confessions are birthed out of these Scriptures so they are true for EVERY Believer!!!
All we have to do is search the Word to find the ones that speak to us, that make our hearts sing. Meditating on them takes the ginormous out of Goliath. It’s true. Meditating on Scripture is the secret to dissolving your fears.
As we sit with the Word of God, personalizing it, it steeps into our heart. It’s not about David and his fight with Goliath anymore. It becomes about us and ours. We begin to believe (really) and have that unshakeable faith that ensures us we are not here to simply fight Goliath; we are here to defeat him!
Defeat Goliath with the one weapon he never thought would take him down: FAITH IN GOD!!!
So don’t just look in the rear view mirror of yesteryear, then back at today thinking: “A year ago, I never would’ve pictured my life the way it is now.” That could be anything…
- I thought I’d be further.
- I thought I’d be wiser.
- I thought I’d be richer.
- I thought I’d be started…
- I thought I’d be finished…
- I thought it’d be better.
- I thought…I thought…I thought…
Thought with no action is daydreaming and the fruit of daydreaming is nothing!
So what are you doing? What are you planning based on your thoughts? What actionable, measurable, physical steps are you taking toward your goals, dreams, aspirations, and the fulfillment of your curiosities & interests?
Take the reigns of your life today. Yes, God is your omni-faithful Guide, but a guide guides better when the subject is in motion. It’s time to drive.
Tell God, yourself, and whoever else needs to know where ya’ll are going this year… AND THEN STEP OUT!!!
Do not be afraid to be bold in Christ.
- God orders your steps. (Psalm 37:23)
- His Word is a lamp for your feet and a light for your path. (Psalm 119:105)
You won’t get lost. You CAN’T get lost with God as your Guide!
I’ve come to understand in my own self journey that my fear about getting lost was really just a misunderstanding of what the journey is all about. It’s not about lions and tigers and bears. You saw the Wizard of Oz just like I did. All that is, is the smoke and mirrors of a grand imagination.
What you’re really on quest to discover is more of yourself through partnership with the God Who made & equipped you for the journey.
It’s about your personal development and spiritual growth. Period.
Why not be bolder in your brave… for who can get lost on a journey within?